ADOPT YOUR BEST FRIEND
P.O. Box 28392, Santa Ana, California 92799
contact us at: email@example.com
About 20 years ago, the original volunteers of our Foundation worked with the City of Costa Mesa to establish and maintain a dog park on a property provided by the City. That park is known as the Costa Mesa Bark Park. The Foundation had an ongoing agreement with the City of Costa Mesa to maintain the Bark Park by supplying the dog waste bags, water stations, benches, power-washing, among other services. About three years ago, the Foundation turned over the maintenance of the Bark Park to the City. We continue to work with the City, but our board has decided to focus our energy and resources on other dog-related issues. The dogs that are brought to our dog park are the very lucky ones that have found good homes. But there are many other dogs that are in dire situations. And since they are still categorized as personal property in the United States, they are at the mercy of their keepers.
The mission of the Costa Mesa Bark Park Foundation is:
• to provide the general public education concerning canine health issues, adoption needs, special needs of elderly canine;
• to encourage veterinary care, including vaccinations;
• to encourage owners to spay and neuter their pets;
• to organize periodic pet adoption events;
• to provide information on current animal rights issues;
• to disseminate canine related educational material to the public;
• to build alliances among local canine-friendly organizations, businesses and city governments.
Thank you Paul Dustman with Olmsted & Associates for your professional assistance!
BOARD OF DIRECTORS:
SPRING BARK BASH
SAT, OCTOBER 12, 2019
Costa Mesa Bark Park
(K9 Adoption and Costume Contest Event)
All pet stores in California that sell dogs, cats and rabbits must obtain them from shelters and nonprofit rescue groups. New law is in effect as of January 1, 2019.
Concerned Costa Mesa residents should report Animal Abuse to: Costa Mesa Animal Control at 714-754-5674.
Lawsuit filed in Oregon argues animals have the right to sue their abusers.